Most people thing of Remodelling their bathrooms and kitchens to get the most bang for the buck on resale but you'd be surprised at these alternatives.
2015 cost vs. value highlights
More often than not, the simpler and less expensive the project, the bigger its cost-value ratio. A replacement steel entry door has topped the ranks of midrange projects in this survey for several years. This year, it is estimated to deliver a cost recouped of 101.8%. Average cost: $1,230.
Here are the top midrange remodeling projects based on their return on investment.
Top 5 midrange remodeling projects
1. Entry door replacement (steel): 101.8% ROI, $1,230 average cost
2. Manufactured stone veneer: 92.2% ROI, $7,150 average cost
3. Garage door replacement: 88.4% ROI, $1,595 average cost
4. Siding replacement (vinyl): 80.7% ROI, $12,013 average cost
5. Deck addition (wood): $80.5% ROI, $10,048 average cost
Of course, your location is a big factor in your home’s value—and the value of your home improvement projects. Out of the 36 remodeling jobs covered, 26 racked up cost-value ratios over 100% in at least one market.